Data Management and Transparency
- Harvard Libraries can help with DMPs.
- The Office of the Vice Provost for Research (OVPR)’s Research Data Management website provides guidance on managing, storing, and sharing data.
- For more information about data retention requirements, consult the OVPR’s FAQs.
- The University is collating and developing new resources related to data sharing. Discipline-appropriate resources are local, e.g., at Harvard Medical School or the Institute for Quantitative Social Science.
Confidential Data and Data Security
- For policies and resources related to student information (FERPA), protected health information (HIPAA), information about EU citizens (GDPR), or other state and federal regulations, see the Harvard Information Security website and consult with the appropriate sponsored office.
- For the relevant IRB, consult the appropriate school/tub:
Data Access: DUAs